HERE IT IS….our newly created and immediately enforced…..for this and all future years…..THE TTATC CoC (CODE OF CONDUCT)! PLEASE READ and plan to abide.(follow link at the bottom of this post)Notable things:
– These things aren’t really that hard to follow, YOU CAN DO IT!- Consequences. Failure to follow the CoC could result in immediate expulsion, or being banned for future years, possibly FOREVER! Seriously. We aren’t kidding.- Don’t be the naughty example for others.
– NO ENTRY outside of posted gate hours. NONE.
– You can leave any time, but once you leave, there is NO re-entry.
– We are working on added security measures this year, which may include a motion sensitive camera in our gate area (only active during NON-gate hours) so we can see what’s going on up there, which would include cars coming and going. Don’t wanna get caught on that camera? Just don’t be up there during any off-hours! It’s pretty simple, really.
– Our official sound policy is still being created, but will be posted and linked in the CoC when it is ready. Stay tuned for that.
– Thanks to Paulski and the C4 (Core 4)i for getting this whole thing together!***WE ARE DOING OUR BEST to keep TTATC safe, secure, and amazing! These rules have been in place for a while, but now they are officially in writing, and shall be enforced, hardcore style.. Thanks for doing your part to keep TTATC awesome!
-2021 General Admission Tickets
– NEW Low-Income Tickets
– RV PASSES
– Directed Ticket Info
As previously announced, GA Tickets will go on sale Saturday, June 26, 2021 at NOON!
It’s great to finally get going this year, and your C4 (Core 4 Team) has met a handful of times for discussion and planning. As a group, we’ve decided that tickets will be $100 (plus fees) this year for a variety of reasons. Last year was obviously very tough and difficult for a BUNCH of reasons,but we still did it! However, last year, we ended up several thousand under due to some additional and odd expenses, had way fewer ticket sales than usual, plus a garage burglary (we lost 2 generators and our entire TTATC event walkie system, plus lots of personal stuff! Youch!). Basically, we took a big hit! This year our population will still be lower than originally anticipated (350 this year), but we hope to catch up, boost our grant program back up, and hold on to our event quality standards! We hope our population can keep creeping back up in future years! Regardless, we have no plans to have any further ticket fee increases for the foreseeable future.
The total for a regular GA ticket this year will be $111.
*NEW* LOW INCOME TICKETS!
To offset anybody with major issues with our new GA ticket price, we will be offering LI (low-income) tickets to those that need them to attend. Those tickets will be priced at $50 (plus fees). These forms will be reviewed by the C4 team, and we are planning to award about a dozen of those (a bit flexible depending on the response) with the ability to purchase a ticket at the discounted price. To get the discounted rate, there will be a special personal code to use during your purchase during regular ticket sales. You will still need to get in line (online) during regular ticket sales (June 26 at Noon) like everybody else, and if you find yourself with the ability to purchase an LI ticket, you may use your code at that point. If you end up purchasing a ticket from somebody else after regular sales, you will still need to pay them the price that they paid for the ticket (or whatever they decide), which is only fair. We talked a lot about this process, and we came up with this. We hope this all makes sense, and that this option is appreciated! These forms will be due on Monday, June 21, 2021 by NOON, and those given this opportunity will be notified (with further instructions) by Wed, June 23 by 5 pm. Sorry for the short quick notice, but welcome to our quick squished schedule this year! We hope this helps those that need a little extra assistance to attend TTATC11! Responses will be kept private amongst the primary C4 team that will be making these decisions.
The total for a Low Income ticket this year will be $55.
To apply for a LI Ticket, you must fill out this form, due Mon, June 21, 2021 by noon.
As in previous years, we will be offering a limited number of special RV passes for those that would like to bring a camper or RV into our reserved/designated area in the back of the actual event grounds. There is NO car or RV/Camper camping allowed in the general parking lot. An RV pass needs to be purchased along with an admission ticket to the event (an RV pass does NOT include your personal admission to the event). NO POWER AVAILABLE. RVs will be on grass, not gravel. Those that purchase an RV pass will be required to fill out an info form (TBA for those that get em), so we know more about what to expect!
35 RV passes will be available at $35 each.
We will be offering a very limited number of directed tickets (at the GA rate) to established theme camps in good standing. Stay tuned for emails and more info about this if you qualify (don’t call us, we’ll call you!). Specific established Rangers, Medical Crew, and DPW peeps may also be contacted and given the opportunity to purchase directed tickets. We NEED these people to provide the guts of the event! There’s a lot to juggle around this, but it’s happening! Hang in there and stay tuned!
The TOTAL number of tickets available this year will max at 350. We hope to bump up our population again next year, but we’re definitely easing back into bigger numbers. Coming off a pandemic, moving our date around, being generally thrown off by the weirdness of the world has thrown us ALL for a loop! But hey, we’re figuring it out, and MAKING IT HAPPEN the best we can! Thanks for hanging in there with us! No matter what, WE make it happen, and it will be AWESOME!
Fire Mama (and your Core Four Team!)
Things are happening, and I’d thought y’all might be itching to know what’s going on, so I figured I’d tell you some stuff! Let’s DO THIS THING!
– FYI, If you haven’t heard, I ended up having emergency gallbladder removal surgery a couple of weeks ago, and have been slowed down for a little while BIG TIME, but I’m slowly recovering, getting back at it, and am motivated again! LET’S GO!
– The C4 (Paulski, Jeffy, J5, and I) have met a couple of times recently, and we are putting the big stuff in place! Our full lead team will be meeting soooooon!
– Ticket sales will be Saturday, June 26, 2021 at noon (as previously announced), and more TICKET INFO will be coming at y’all TOMORROW! So watch for that important info!
– We are working on the full event schedule, which will include Effigy and Temple Burn times, and shall include the return of Speed Friending and our full event Formal! It will be GREAT to get back to big group stuff again! Last year was soooo weird, but at least we still did it!
– Our TTATC Formal this year will be called the CAT BALL! Hahaha
– YAY! I’m sooo excited!
– Updated SECURITY at TTATC is being implemented, so stay tuned for info about that…. big changes and upgrades are coming our way in that department.
– We’ve been discussing and writing up a Code of Conduct, and some more specific TTATCers FB group rules, both will be released soooon. Everybody just stop being naughty, and we’ll be cool! It shouldn’t be that hard! Haha! But seriously, we’re cracking down.
– Parking and Transport from the gate has been a big topic for us this year. We are working on ways to continually update and improve that process for everybody. Stay tuned for a slick new plan!
– The TO DO list is long, which includes contacting our established theme camp and event leads, working on important things like insurance and portos. We are starting the process of gathering up our Rangers, Medical Crew, Perimeter Peeps, etc. We will be creating the volunteer shift schedule for everybody, to hopefully release on our ticket sale date! Please sign up when it’s time! We neeeeed youuuuu!
– As I’ve said before, our schedule is coming on a bit extra squished and quick this year, but the world has been a WEIRD PLACE for a while (plus I’ve been personally delayed a bit extra recently! Gah!), but we are doing the best we can! Thanks for playing along! No matter what, and no matter what happens, TTATC lives on, and together we all MAKE IT AWESOME! HUGE THANKS TO EVERYBODY FOR EVERYTHING!
August 12th – 15th, 2021
TTATC11: 9 Lives
TTATC can’t stop, won’t stop! You can try to keep us down, but we will keep coming back. Through storms, flooding, accidents, naughty Burners, and even a global pandemic, TTATC lives on! I don’t know how many of these 9 lives we’ve already gone through over our previous 10 events, but we are STILL HERE!
9 Lives may have been the perfect theme for TTATC9, but that whole Yellow Brick Road thing happened that year, and that was super cool too. However, a CAT theme has been inevitable, and if there’s anything we’ve learned from recent times, and the principle of immediacy, there’s no time like the present. Don’t wait. Do it now. Take the present moment by the balls, and make it happen! So this is the year to officially celebrate our adorable furry friends, and I’m excited!
With all the seriousness and difficulties going around these days, it’s time for something FUN, something silly, and something easy – like CATS! Yeah, we could have chosen something more profound, serious, and heavy (ugh), but NO. Cats are the best!
Theme direction ideas: cats are adorable, sweet, playful, but also sometimes naughty, feral, and scratchy little nightmares. Cats are tough, survivors, sleepy, hilarious, and strange. Sometimes they can even be deadly – cat scratch fever is a thing! Fortunately, for the allergic, no real cats will be allowed at TTATC11. Also… don’t forget about the BALLS!
❤ Fire Mama
Amazing graphic by the amazing Paul Gutoski! THANK YOU! I love it so much!
😻😻😻That Thing at the CAT!!😻😻😻
IF you made the first half of your ticket and/or RV pass payment through Burner Tickets weeks ago (ALL SOLD OUT), it’s GO TIME to pay for the rest through a special link! Check the email you provided with your initial half ticket payment. There’s a BUNCH more info in that email, so check it, complete it, and you’ll be all set! You have until next Friday (when the list officially closes) to transfer tickets or complete your purchase, but do it sooner than later for everybody’s peace of mind! Thanks! Thanks for playing along with our crazy ticket game this year! It’s happening!* Much more event info coming soon!
I hereby declare that…..
THE OFFICIAL TTATC10 GREETING WILL BE THE BUTT BUMP!
Yeah, ask first (hey! wanna butt bump?!), cuz you don’t wanna offend anybody, or knock them over! I know personally that I’m gonna wanna hug each and every one of you, but nahhhh…. let’s go with the butt bump this year! Coooool? I weirdly think about that a lot. Haha!
OK! At this point, we are GO, as long as the MN requirement of a maximum of 250 people at an outdoor event sticks (I’m cautiously predicting this will NOT change, but that will be the ONLY thing that will stop us now, as far as I’m concerned!). Yes, the world is all kinds of confusing and bizarre right now, and that’s how I kinda feel about all this unprecedented weirdness! However, I’m willing to throw the dice, and just GO. Let the ACTUAL planning commence! LOTS to do in a short amount of time, but we got this! This is sure to be a chill TTATC, with fewer theme camps, and less/different kinds of things going on, and like I’ve said before,this is an opportunity for all of us to “just go camping.” So think of it that way, as this year is just so OFF in every way, but if I know one thing…. BURNERS MAKE IT HAPPEN! So there’s sure to be plenty of amazing Burningerness all around, and it will be amaaaaazing! I’m stoked.
I’m throwing around lots of ideas about how we can make this event almost sarcastically distant and super responsible (more info on that in my next blast), so we aren’t THAT event, but instead…. we are THAT EVENT! We gotta be super cool, y’all, and I KNOW it can be done. Like FOR REAL. Let’s DO THIS! Post every weird idea you got…. be creative! I wanna hear em! LOTS more info on all this will come!
This year in particular, lending a helping hand is SUPER important, as we won’t have our usual full team of leads, and we ALL have to figure out how to make sure all is well. This is a great time to get more involved moving forward, if you wanna! Our volunteer sign up link will be sent with the ticket link on Friday. Click on it! Do the thing!
PLUS we are hereby putting out a separate call (not on our regular sign up list), specifically for MEDICAL, RANGERS, many small effigy builders (not just one big one this year!), and just as many FAST (Fire Arts Safety Team) volunteers, so get at me personally if you wanna be involved in any of that, sooner than later for that one. BIG THX!
PLEEEEZ sign up for SOMETHING, cuz we need you! This is a community, civic responsibility, participation, meet other cool people doing cool things, badass thing, which is what Burns are all about. SO THANKS for being a freakin Burner about it!
IF you have your name and email on a “ticket” already (remember when you paid for the first half of your ticket a few weeks ago, and it sold out in 6 crazy minutes?!?) then you will be sent a link NEXT FRIDAY, August 14, and you will have (one week) until August 21 at noon, to either purchase the 2nd half of your ticket ($44), or sell it and change the name of your original ticket so somebody else can pay the 2nd half (again all due by the 21st). CUZ THEN the entire ticket list CLOSES (purchases, transfers, whatever, everything must be done by the 21st). This process also goes for RV spots (was $15, now the 2nd $15). Does that whole crazy thing make sense?
Somebody asked me….. Will tickets that aren’t paid in full be eventually sold to more people? The answer is no. So figure out what you’re gonna do with your tickets, if you paid for a first half, and decide not to come, or whatever you’re doing. If there are some tickets just not used, that’s just how it will be. #crunchtime
Things are sooo weird this year, and we are simply doing the best we can! Please work with us on this! Burner Tickets makes it super easy to change the names on tickets, and the more names that are for the actual ticket holders, the better, so then everything is just easier for everybody. Ya know? THANKS!
Booze – I think we’ll most likely only have one bar this year, if we’re lucky(!), so give em a break, and plan to BYOB for the most part this year. Radical self-reliance, right? Let’s try not to be a drunken mess anyways! I’ve never been much of a big drinker. Seriously 2 drinks = drunk Mama!
Kids – maybe this isn’t a great year for kids, really, actually, as they could possibly be more difficult to sarcastically distance, don’t fully understand the butt bump, and might just get knocked over! Ha! As far as I know, there will hardly be any kids there this year, so if you bring a kid, there probably won’t be many other kids for them to hang out with, and they’re gonna be all up in your game the whole time, soooo…. you know what I’m sayin.
Speed Friending – this is something I usually offer on TTATC Thursday nights, and LOVE IT! But I’m having a hard time wrapping me head around how to it this sarcastically distant this year! If you have any ideas (weird or otherwise!), I’d love to hear them!
Volunteer – This is a 2nd reminder (see how important this is?!?) to sign up for something via the link list next Friday! This is ALSO a reminder of our special call out for Medical, Rangers, small effigy Builders, and FAST crew! So yeah…. get at me! We are short staffed, but figuring it out! Please step up! THX!
More info coming soooooon, but that’s plenty for now!
I really like the word “Burningerness!” 🙂
❤ Fire Mama