Stick this on your calendar,
and stay tuned for more info!
Tickets go on sale Friday, April 5th at noon!
<3 Fire Mama
Stick this on your calendar,
and stay tuned for more info!
Tickets go on sale Friday, April 5th at noon!
<3 Fire Mama
HEY EVERYBODY! HEY EVERYBODY! HEY EVERYBODY!
Here’s a bunch of INFORMATION AND UPDATES!
Please read, like/love/wow, comment, refer your friends, help spread the news! Thanks!
TTATC9: July 18 – 21, 2019
We will cap total sales at 450 tickets this
Tix go on sale, Friday, April 5th at noon!
All of our 400 tickets sold out in 5 days last year (crazy!), so don’t dilly dally if you want em!
– $70 (PayPal Only tickets), 150 of these tix will be available…. THEN….
– $80 (any payment method) for the remaining tix, until they are gone!
*Why PayPal only? The way event ticketing works, we get PayPal money right away, and the rest of the money stays with the ticket company until AFTER the event, and we need operating money up front! So use PayPal as much as possible for any and all sales to help us out! THX!
– KID tix: 12 and under will continue to be free. There will be a spot to indicate your needs for these tickets along with ticket purchases. A link will be provided to officially register ALL kids under 18, who will all be required to attend with a responsible ticketed adult.
– ICE: In the past, we’ve given everybody an ice token with every ticket, but we aren’t going to be doing that anymore (sorry!),
– $25 RV passes will be available along with ticket sales, # available to be determined, but there should be few more of these available than in any previous year – yay! #expansion!
– Art Grant donations – you will have the opportunity to donate along with your ticket purchase!
– We’ve considered selling a limited number of parking passes, due to our tight parking issues to encourage people to carpool, but …. We might wait on this, but geez – please CARPOOL!
– Directed tickets! NEW THIS YEAR! We’ve decided to reward and encourage some of our
To answer questions about this, yes, we will continue to provide transportation from gate to camping areas for you and your stuff. So when you get there, you will check in, unload your stuff, park your vehicle, stick your stuff in our vans and/or trucks, and we will take you where you want to go! Our friendly drivers can advise you where to camp, and even help you! We will also help you out when it’s time to go. There’s one main path around the grounds, that is primarily for people walking around, and for safety, we just can’t have cars driving around all weekend. Thanks for understanding and playing along!
We will be increasing our art grants available again this year! Numbers TBA. Stay tuned for the application to apply for these grants, which will come out shortly after our ticket sales. You must have your ticket(s) to apply for an art grant, so make sure to grab yours!
Fortunately, the Caribou Gun Club loves us, and we love them! However, they are raising our rates a bit this year. Not by a ton, but enough to feel it. I think they’ve figured out
As we keep growing, we will continue to expand! Our RV area will be getting bigger this year, and we’ll be able to push further back! We will be re-arranging a bit to best utilize all of our spaces! Theme and Art application forms will become available, so if you want placement, filling out a form the best way to get it!
– Quiet Area: By popular demand, we are going to be designating some areas that will be “quieter” than all the super noisy spaces! This will likely include the first 3 clearings nearest to the gate. Jam and Cheese – yep, this means we’re moving you! Haha! You’ll be more loved in another spot, where you can Jam out all night! We love you!
– Temple: We are considering changing our Temple location (perhaps to one of our quiet areas), and changing the Burn time of the Temple, for lots of reasons…. So stay tuned for more info about all that!
– Greeters: We are looking to create a secondary area for our Greeters to greet you, separate from gate, so that will be exciting!
A link to sign up to volunteer will be provided along with our ticketing, so sign up for something right away! You’ll get the best pick of stuff to do, and WE NEED YOU! Once our priority spots are filled, we’ll be adding more volunteer opportunities to the list and will be bugging you to fill all the spots! There will be core event opportunities, as well as more specialized roles that will be more directed that may have greater responsibilities. More info on all that coming soon!
***FIRST TIMERS GUIDE***
What the heck is going on?!? Burns aren’t like any other event. The “rules” are different, there are terms you might not understand, there are curiosities and oddities around every corner. We are going to be creating a document that answer your crazy newbie questions! We see you, and we are here for you. Stay tuned for that!
OY – I think that’s enough for now! If you have any urgent questions, feel free to ask! If something here said “more info will come” – it will come! So please chill and stay tuned!
We do our best to keep up with everything, make changes as necessary, and
TTATC is an event not created FOR you, it’s created BY you! We’re all in this together. So bring your best, put your planning caps on, and prepare yourselves for so much awesome! Thanks for everything, and I can’t wait to see all of the amazing things that TTATC9 will bring!
Here ya go! Woohoooo! Let’s do this THING!
Tentative dates :
July 18 -21, 2019
*Graphic credit to the ever artistic Paulski!
Hope everybody is excited, and not freaking out too much! Haha!
Yes, TTATC is soooon, so now is a good time to pay attention to ALL THE THINGS!
Here’s some good stuff to know:
– There’s a WEBSITE! Tons of info there! GO THERE. READ THINGS! If you ask a question, and the info is already posted on the website, the answer will probably be, GO TO THE WEBSITE, and I will give you shit about it. WEBSITE! WEBSITE! WEBSITE!
HERE IT IS: www.ttatc.com HERE IT IS AGAIN: www.ttatc.com #website
– Ticket Freakout! Yep, ticket transfers and exchanges are in full force, so if you’re looking, don’t give up hope. ALSO…. We are EXTENDING the ticket transfer due date to Tuesday, July 17 (WOOOHOOOO!), since there’s still time, and there seem to be a few bugs in the system. We’ll work it all out. For now…. just stay calm. It will be ok. We have more time.
– Volunteering! A few of the 10 Principles revolve around our community, such as Civic Responsibility, Participation, and Communal Effort, which can mean a lot of things, including VOLUNTEERING! Wooohoooo! We’ve added some shifts to the volunteer schedule, including Greeters and Parking, PLUS, we could use some more FAST/Perimeter people!
Perimeter Volunteering: https://docs.google.com/…/1iUga5xCH5JlTtWam9RqrW_…/viewform…
*These links can also be found on the WEBSITE, BTW! www.ttatc.com
Thanks for being a solid part of our community! That’s what it’s all about!
– Important Points to super note: LEAVE NO TRACE, pack it in, pack it out, you are responsible for your own trash THE WHOLE TIME. And take it home with you.
– No potable water at TTATC…. Bring your own.
Bring a cup, tent, bug spray, sunscreen…. There’s a whole list of “What to Bring”……
Guess where you can find that info??? ON THE WEBSITE! www.ttatc.com
– TTATC8 THEME: Infinity
And….. specific THEME DAYS!
Thursday: We don’t need no theme Thursday (double negative, math reference!)
Friday: Forever Friday (time!)
Saturday: Spacey Saturday (space!)
***PROM will be Saturday night! Dress in your finest! Prom Theme: Under the Stars
– MAP and FULL SCHEDULE: will be released later this week! So exciting!
Another big ole email will come next week with even more info, so stay tuned!
Thanks for everything, everybody, and you know what you should do???
GO READ THE WEBSITE! Thanks! www.ttatc.com
And tell your friends to check the website! www.ttatc.com
*** Please like and or comment if you’ve read this! THX! ***
As the event gets closer, I’m going to be posting some important information and reminders here, so please watch for them!
This first one is related to our official event and gate hours for this year – read on !
***OFFICIAL TTATC8 HOURS***
Noon Thursday 7/19 – Noon Sunday 7/22
***OFFICIAL TTATC8 GATE HOURS***
Thursday 7/19 12pm – 10pm
Friday 7/20 10am – 10pm
Saturday 7/21 10am – 4pm
PLEASE do not plan to arrive outside of gate hours. The gate will be closed and dark, and we really don’t have the resources to accommodate before or after-hours arrivals. We ask that you ALL respect this, and that if you know you’re not going to make it in time, wait until the next day to arrive. Thank you
TTATC is coming! In just over 3 weeks – whoa! How did that happen?!?
We have sooo many new and exciting things happening this year, and the anticipation is off the charts! It’s gonna come super quick, so make sure you are READY! Your lead team is wrapping up all kinds of details, and making it happen! Thanks to everybody involved!
You can find tons of info at our website, so make sure to check that out!www.ttatc.com
Meanwhile, read on for important information about…..
– KIDS REGISTRATION
– VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
– THEME CAMPS/ART Placement
– THE TTATCers Group
– 10 Principles
Yep, there are lots of people looking for tickets, and in previous years, major shifting happens in the couple/few weeks just prior to the event, as people figure out they can’t make it or whatever, so hang in there! The deadline for transferring tickets is Noon on Tuesday, July 11th. Instructions to transfer tickets through BPT can be found on their website, or also on ours, under FAQ. The FB Ticket Exchange group, for those seeking or offering tickets, can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/199819534073272/
Children 13 – 17 must have a ticket, but kids 12 and younger will be admitted for free, however…. ALL kids under 18 must be registered. This is so we can best care for our younger, future Burners properly! If this form isn’t completed in advance, there will be a hard copy of the form at the gate to complete at check-in, but advance registration ensures that the information is properly distributed, so help us help you, and fill it out. All kids must be accompanied to the event by a parent/legal guardian. The form to register your kids, and more information about that, can be found at https://goo.gl/forms/cNz80qUV5zokWncj2
This event is primarily volunteer driven, and as we grow, we need you more and more! It’s a great way to meet people, do something amazing, and volunteering simply feels GREAT! Important event volunteer opportunities can be found here:https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/2288522/false…
We are also looking for specific volunteers to be part of our FAST (Fire Arts Safety Team)/Burn Perimeter crew. These are specific opportunities with some specialty requirements, and you can find out more information about that here: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSdZGBzvzJHPZA4HEH…/viewform
THEME CAMPS/ART PLACEMENT:
Already applied to have a theme camp placed? GREAT! An email with tons of info you will need to know will be coming directly to your email soon! Haven’t filled out the app form yet?!? Well, time is ticking, and they are due this Friday, June 29, so get on it! Forms can be found here:
Theme Camp App: https://goo.gl/forms/Q3IUiizBmPQ5imOQ2
ART/FAST App: https://goo.gl/forms/NlW2rrrUaxjDBBe53
THE TTATCers Group:
If you aren’t already a member of our primary FB group for info and fun stuff, you should join us! That group can be found here:https://www.facebook.com/groups/279767495462226/
One of the things that makes this event amazing is that we follow the 10 Principles of Burning Man. This makes TTATC unlike any typical festival out there. We build our temporary city based on these ideas, and work together to create something magical. Familiarize yourself with them now, so you won’t be surprised at the event! You can find specfic information about the principles here: https://burningman.org/…/philosophical-center/10-principles/
But for now…. here’s a basic list of em:
1. Radical Expression
2. Radical Self-Reliance
3. Radical Inclusion
5. Civic Responsibility
6. Communal Effort
10. Leave No Trace
More important information will come a bit closer to the event, so stay tuned!
Burn On and On and On –
Seeking a ticket?!?!? Selling a ticket??
READ THIS. ALL OF THIS. THX!
omg – We’re blown away by the response this year. Tickets sold out REALLY FAST! It usually takes about 5 weeks for them to sell out, but this year it only took 5 days, and now, people are begging for tickets like craaaazy. WOWZA.
– No, sorry, there will be no more tickets going on sale.
– Yes, people can transfer tickets, as they become available in our community…. things always shift around a bit!
– Don’t get me wrong, in a way, I think this “problem” is great! People seem to have figured out that TTATC is awesome! This “ticket shortage” is sort of a good problem to have…. kinda sorta…. We LOVE all the interest and excitement, of course!
– We will continue to raise our ticket count by 50 each year.
– Slow grow is the way to go, in all the ways.
– There are many solid reasons for this slow grow approach: crew, parking issues, necessary volunteerism, maintaining our amazing Burner spirit, organizational sanity, etc.
– This event is about quality, not necessarily quantity.
– Believe me, it HURTS to see so many want to attend and have to say no. meh. Of course, I want everybody to be there, but we must stand our ground. Please don’t ask me for tickets, it’s painful, but necessary, for me to say no. yeah yeah yeah…. everybody’s my best friend…. we tight, yo, but sorry no. ughhhh….. painful…..
****BUT GET THIS….. there’s now a GROUP, just for ticket shuffling! Thanks for creating it, Paulski! Here’s the link! Join it, and get to ticket begging, AND OFFERING tickets there! We’ve created this new group to try to keep the TTATCers group mostly for event info, all the fun things, and a silly video here and there. All future ticket requests posted here will be referred to the ticket group, and probably deleted from this group, so go to the group, yo!
– Meanwhile…. please like this post if you’ve seen it, so I can see how many people are actually paying attention, and to give it a boost, so others see it too!
THANKS for playing along, and good luck out there!
– There’s a BIG BLAST OF EVENT INFO coming at ya in the next week-ish that will be a doozey! Stay tuned!
– The Cabin burns in 36 days! Wooohoooo!
TTATC 8: Infinity
* We don’t need no Theme Thursday
* Forever Friday!
* Spacey Saturday!
In true Mama form, I’m posting this just before midnight.
We received 18 applications for $2500 worth of Art Grants, and I’m happy to announce that a small team figured out a way to at least partially fund 15 of them!
Here are the projects that are being funded, in no particular order, and welcome to my shorthand…..
Dragon, Brain Freeze, Sensitorium, Oracle, R-Bar, Cuddle, Jeffy’s, Forest Giants, FRY, Big-ish Crystal, Bakery, TOY, WWW Signage, and Centergasm.
Thanks to everybody that applied! Our Art Madam will be contacting everybody that applied via email to discuss details.
Anybody is welcome to donate to our Art Grant program at any time, and we will be sure to properly distribute more funds accordingly!
THANKS Y’ALL! July is gonna come QUICK!